Answered By: Amanda Avery
Last Updated: Aug 23, 2016     Views: 9

Yes, you can request access of a specific article through the ZAP RapidILL system, found through the link below:

You will need your Marywood ID number, as well as specific information regarding the article, such as:

  • The title of the periodical
  • The ISSN of the periodical
  • The volume number of the periodical that contains that specific article
  • The issue number of the periodical that contains that specific article
  • The publication date of the periodical (year is acceptable)
  • The page range the specific article covers
  • The author of the article
  • The title of the article

This information should be found within the databases available through Marywood University. Other information can be added, such as the latest date you need the article, the place of publication, where you found the citation, and any other additional information that can help in the search for the article. Once you agree to the copyright notice and submit your request, you will not receive a confirmation email that it has been processed; it will only tell you on the following screen under the ZAP logo that "Your Request Has Been Submitted." 

Please note that the University is only allowed to request a certain number of articles from specific journals in a given time period, and may not be able to accommodate every submission through ZAP. If the article is available, it will be e-mailed in PDF form to the address provided.

Please visit the "Ask Here" help desk at the library if you need help requesting an article, or if you are having trouble locating all of the necessary information for the request.

Related Topics

Chat with us: