Answered By: Amanda Avery Last Updated: Sep 08, 2016 Views: 18
The first thing you should do, next time you are in the Learning Commons and have 15-20 minutes is to stop by the Ask Here (Reference) desk at the main desk (it has a big blue question mark sign by it) and a librarian can give you a quick and easy demo of how to use the system.
(You can also reply to make an appt at a time that works for you. :) )
In the meantime, you can search our Book Catalog online and request books from anywhere you have internet access--home, campus, mobile--you name it.
- Start at the library website: http://www.marywood.edu/library/
- Under the "Research" Heading go to: Library Catalog/My Account. This is our book catalog, LibCat where you can search for, request books, make lists and check your account for overdues and renewals.
- First, log-in with your Marywood Portal login. Now you're all set to request books.
- You can search by keyword, subject (topic), author and more.
- To request a book or books, either select them by checking the boxes next to them in the Results List or on an item page, look for the "Place Hold" button. On the confirm screen, click "place hold" again--and viola! Your items will be ready for pickup at the Main desk in about 15 minutes.
And that is searching and requesting print books from the catalog in a nutshell!